I have a confession!
After today's service, I felt so convicted. I think I've been quite a bad kid and have done many things to let not only my mum down. Yet she's always praising me in front of her friends and saying how much of a good kid I am.
Taking people for granted is easy, especially someone who has been there for you all the time. She washes your clothes and iron them nicely. Although she doesn't cook but at least she bothers to go buy them sometimes...
She has nagged and nagged all day long about how I should cut this certain type of hair and ask about my uni applications and my results. Ask me every night if I have school tomorrow, brushed my teeth or washed my face already.
But often, we take those nagging in only to have them deleted within 5 seconds of reaching our brain. We began to ignore them, especially for teenagers like us. We began to shift our focus more to our computers, TVs and girls. All girls but not our mum! HAHA
Like my dad's best friend, whose mum just passed away few weeks ago, said 'they nag at you all day but once they're gone, you'll miss it'. Quite true, eh?
Only few days back I showed my impatience to her and threw a tantrum but I manage to say sorry to her and she gave a smile and say 'it's okay'. Now, that'll really make you feel guilty.
So, whatever it is, treasure and honour them (eh, not only your mum okay). Like they say honour is not repaying their love, but giving your love.
And that Gift of Love project CFC has adopted, brilliant. Because then again, we should not only shower our love on people we know but also to the outside world. We've adopted a block of flats over in Bedok so that we can concentrate our efforts and continually bless them.
I was discussing with my dad on it and he says it's a good plan because many old folks are actually mistaking Christianity as a religion for the unfilial children. Some of them have taken words out of context and thinking that to follow Christ, they have to leave their parents behind, which is absolutely wrong.
Just go read Matthew 10:37. Selective readers and misled people will most likely think that Jesus is asking everyone of us to denounce our parents IN ORDER TO follow Christ but that's wrong wrong wrong.
In front of your unbelieving parents, are you willing to make a stand for Christ. Your willingness to put Him in first place is key here and it has NOTHING to do with throwing them aside as you're promised a great gift if you honour them.
Wha, this is turning into some bible study thingy eh. Okay, I'm off to bed.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Happy Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment