Hello! I guess this is probably the earliest post I've ever done for quite awhile since I'm kind of wide awake right now.
Bet you saw the pledge at the side! Well, it's something we recite twice everyday so I shall make it as something which will be some sort of a principle guideline for me in the 1 year plus to come. Talking about that, God's Word will still be the ultimate guideline for me and I'll stick to it with my life :)
On that subject, I realise how every lecture nowadays is sort of like a reminder for me, from God. Everyday, as I sit there listening to SSI Indra talks about police general conduct and the dos and don'ts, Holy Spirit just keep reminding me of what God wants from all of us and that is to be the light and salt of the earth, just like how we as police officers, need to put up with a good image and be a model example to the public.
We saw videos of how officers fell into bribery and committed various crimes and really, it just burns in me how these few black sheep are affecting the reputation of the force. How could the public trust the law enforcers when they are the one breaking the law?
It's funny how most of the dos and don'ts are very similar to the Godly principles, even things like not being a guarantor and also not to visit places of ill-repute (bars and discos). Now I have two sets of rule to follow, yet still live by grace. Phew!
Oddly enough, my squad mate came over one night and we talked about Christianity. His question was on why some of the Christians he knows swears and don't look any different. I guess God really uses all these illustrations to remind me about not living with double standards.
No doubt our first lesson on law was by far the most interesting one. It was on abetting, conspiring and joint/individual liabilities. As OC said, the law is beautiful and it doesn't have gray areas. The words and all in the penal code made sure that all bases are covered and I find it highly interesting.
Other than that, happy to report that next week is quite a short week and we'll be finally handling a revolver! We'll be having shooting from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm. Wow! Really looking forward to it!
Thank God for constantly being there for me. Sometimes it feels like the only one left are the 39 other mangkoks training with you everyday and people outside are just....outside... For someone who treats relations seriously, it's quite hard to take but well... upset but accept la. Suck thumb and be a good boy.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment