Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a little odd, sitting down on my cozy computer chair, typing a post on TUESDAY night.

Yes, I've booked out of the academy this evening because tomorrow is our big day. It's a little surreal still, to think that our 4 months stay here is coming to an end. We used to be the one standing there, a little dismayed to hear the 130th intake shouting 'POP-OH!' right in our face as they walked out of the gate.

But today, it was our turn and we shouted like nobody's business. Even the inspector who was on duty said 'TOO SOFT, LOUDER!'. So we shouted all the way from our barrack to the main gate. My voice is obviously a little hoarse now but I'll save some for tomorrow, when that shout of 'POP-OH' is like the shout of the people that brought down the walls of Jericho.

I'm finally, almost freed!

Anyway I've got my posting and though it wasn't the initial one which was promised at Public Affairs department, I'm still pleased to be posted to the National Service department. No idea what I'm supposed to do there but since God has called me there, surely there is something there for me to accomplish.

Best news is of course my working hours are a little more fixed and I will probably still attend church very regularly, unless I have extra duty especially with National Day and the F1 race coming up.

It's a mixed feeling writing this post as I can't wait to pass out of HTA yet I know I'll miss that place. We had a pizza plus movie night which we gobbled up boxes and boxes of pizzas while watching Transformers. It's as if NS can't be anymore fun than this :p

Another secret is we actually took down our mattress and placed them across our room and slept there like a chalet last night since it was the very last night there as NS 13. Today's graduation dinner was... okay as most people are either really happy or very extremely dulan with their posting. Didn't understand a word they spoke during the dinner anyway...

Anyway we lost the Best Squad award, disappointingly. But it's okay since we can say we did our best and made impact within the 131st intake. From the first day, people were adamant that we'll be the best squad but well, sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want it.

No matter what, NS 13, we're the best regardless of results and all. You're all champions and let's put in the same amount of effort with our new posting yep?

ONE - THREE.........! HOO HAHHH!!!!

No comments: