I remember when I was in primary school, Liverpool used to have this pretty decent wing-back named Jason McAteer. But he's famous for being the least-cerebral player there so there was a collection of jokes on him. Here are some classics EVERYONE can laugh at:According to former Blackburn team-mates, Jason's greatest moment came on a squad night out to an Italian restaurant. Asked by the waitress whether he wanted his pizza cut up into eighths, McAteer is alleged to have replied, "Nah, I'm not that hungry - just cut it into four."
In another possibly apocryphal (that means it might be made up, Jason) story, McAteer is reckoned to have asked a Liverpool team-mate what to put in the space marked 'Position In Company' on a credit card application form. According to legend, the source of McAteer's confusion was that "I'm a central midfielder but the boss is playing me at right wing-back."
Warning to footballers. Don't head the ball too much :p
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Footballers Not The Brightest, Eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment