Monday, November 02, 2009

Wha, I've finally managed to lift up my big fat lazy fingers to type something here after so long.

This past few weeks had been tumultuous to say the least. Ups and downs but thank God because He is able to turn our sorrows in joy and things that seemed bad in the physical is turned into a real life classroom lesson plus practical and God being the lecturer of it.

A lot happened to be honest. Whether is it family or friends, where there is people there's bound to be some sort of waves of instability. But not a point to say so much about it already because I've learned and I came out of it stronger and being more able to handle such situations if it arise again.

It's great to have so many positive influence in life, people that I can look up to :) Last week when Mr Kubi was down at home with his injured knee, was able to witness and attend a lesson on what friends are all about. The thought of going down, buying dinner, having dinner together, chatting, laughing, praying and supporting each other. It's really an eye-opener and see how much a friend is willing to sacrifice the time and effort.

It's also your toughest time when you know who's going to stand there and be counted for you :) I'm definitely learning to be one of those kind of friends but I also learned that if its time to leave things as it is for a period, I'm able to pull away from it and let God do His miraculous works.

------

MLM last week was very inspiring! Aunty Aye Lan spoke about Strategic Planning and before she even went into that bombastic sounding word, she challenged us to think and come out with our own personal mission. Because without the end in mind and the aim, planning is pretty much useless.

How about me? What's my personal mission you ask? Here's what I wrote:

"To minister to people by words or action, breathing life and assisting people in their pursual of their dreams"

Sounds like a big deal huh. I mean I fail from time to time with my childish act but ultimately, when I pass on, I want people to see that true in my life and my life is always geared towards God and His calling and His mission for me to accomplish.

And now I know the mission, I'm not going to just say and write it and not do anything about it. Like my boss loves to say 'Words not done is just words. It needs to be actionalised!' and I know I need to have the gift of spotting people's potential and speak into their lives.

Action would need me to of course, get my degree first and I can't wait to get into the Sociology course. I mean it's probably a path less taken but I know God's path is always right.

The rest of the path is still blurry and I can't see much further past the fog but one thing I know is that I'm going to get inspiration to write while writing to inspire ;) Too much junks are in our magazines, papers and websites already. People need to hear the truth and the truth about themselves. The plan that God has for them and that they need not conform to our society's standard before they can be loved.

How? I don't know. Let Him lead! I pray that I'll be able to publish one of those articles on maybe an internationally recognised publications like Times or Newsworld. That would be AWESOME.

I know I won't retire as well. Like what Ps Johan said we should not retire but re-fire ourselves up. Maybe after 62 I'll go traveling with my spouse (hope there is one :p) not to Hawaii or Mauritius for a nice holiday but to the places you'll name as 'hell on earth'.

We'll minister, we'll reach out and we'll heal. However much we can do we'll do. At the end of it, I'll pen down my thoughts while she will take down a video/draw/take photos of our experiences and probably come out with a publication at the end of it, raising awareness of the things that are going on in our world when we indulge ourselves in alcohol, sex and drugs.

So much uncertainty but for now, that is the general blueprint of things that is to come and will come in Jesus' name :)

No comments: