Sunday, November 26, 2006

So Much Happened, So Little Space....

No actually not. But I rather not keep talking and typing on till everyone fall asleep here. Oh yes anyway a very eventful weekends. I think I was at town longer than I was at home the whole weekends.

Friday:

We celebrated Kenneth's birthday on Friday. Reached town early, so walked around Hereen and me and Mike were literally stucked there and looking at every CDs we possibly can. Of course, we went to search for Nightwish...

So met up with the birthday boy for dinner at Sakura. Very expensive but alot of variety. Everyone just grabbed and grabbed the sushis and shark's fin soup (just like Singaporeans, eh?)

One thing's for sure, I ate more than I could. It was disastrous. You'll understand why later.


Birthday boy!





Together...

Okay so as Computer Engineering students, it's in our blood to play computer games right? Haha not me, but well, just to play along and have some fun. Went to Cine's uber Lan-shop for CS, BF2 and Dota of course. We 'wasted' 2 hours playing there while some ladies across the table played CS and were...shouting vulgarities and smashing the mouse.

After the game, when everyone thought we're going home, Zach suggested we go have a drink. It was already 11.30pm. Where to? Well, play along then. Decidedly went down to DXO thinking we could go in for a drink without paying the bloody 18 bucks. But it slipped my mine totally. Okay it slipped off EVERYONE'S mind. Haha.



So no DXO. Down to another pub next to it. "Harry's" IF I'm not wrong. So I ordered beer (I forgot whether it's a pint or half pint) and with the mass Sakura food still inside my stomach, I drank quite alot of beer in a short amount of time. Played 'zhong ji mi ma' and continue drinking. I really didn't notice I actually drank a lot and I could feel my heartbeat going real fast and there seemed to be something stuffed up my throat.

And I threw up.

I vomitted everything out. BRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH*

Oh it did felt MUCH better. At least I didn't feel the tightness within my chest. And me, Gerry, Gerald and Ken decided to take a cab home instead. I fell asleep on the cab. Yup, if I actually fall asleep in cab, that means I'm really, really tired. Just knackered.

Saturday:

My dad announced "first time in my 50 years on earth, I'm going to a wedding LUNCH." Well, must be special then. It was my cousin, Xavier's wedding day. Didn't attend the church ceremony but went down for his wedding LUNCH @ Grand Hyatt. I was expecting perhaps some light stuff or maybe Western style lunch. But no. It was the usual 8 course eat till you get fat lunch.

Well as usual, you get the usual incinerated questions at wedding. Incinerated because they're rubbish yet they get reused everytime. "Got girlfriend anot?" and "When your turn, har?"

No shit, sherlocks. My turn you can wait long long...

Ah but well, I finally saw the cuter side of children. I always think they're all devil incarnate but perhaps my little nephew isn't.

So talked to relatives that you'll only see once a year and of course your regular wedding dinner stuff.

Then after X number of years, I finally saw my online "best friend", Yeewen and joker Minshan. As usual, it was raining. So took a bus down to Cine to check out the time for "Happy Feet". We guys wanted to watch James Bond: Casino Royale but you know, ladies hate gunshots and actions so they'll rather watch penguins dancing and screaming (HAHA).

It was a 5 pm show (is it?) so we wasted the waiting time at the new surf shop. Minshan's friend worked in that shop and so we wasted our time there shaking about, standing around and chatting.

Show started. Laugh, cried (no la, teary eye only) and some food for thought of course. It was not a senseless movie with some lame characters and slapstick humours. But I personally felt the ending was rushed and left alot to be desired. A good show with terrible ending makes a good show...a not very good show.

Had dinner at the Japanese restaurant (forgot the name) and there was this annoying jap wanna-be girl next to our table who talked as if her grandfather owned the shop. Kids nowadays...tsk tsk tsk. Then Yeewen needed to meet *erhem* so me and Minshan went off as we do not want to interfere and...destroy someone's future...HAHA. No la, actually dowanna be huge light bulb only. Oh and I didn't say anything bout your mum okay HAHA you need to dig your EARS!

Sunday:

Church in the morning. Went to lunch with dad. Then home. And then out to town again. I needa get present for someone and also Robbie Fowler's autobiography at Kinokuniya. So as everyone were busy with other stuff, only 'friend of 8 years' janice was free so she was kind enough to go down with me and also with a little motive, la. She wanted to sign up a studio for piano practice...

Met up at Thomson. Long bus trip down but with her...no lack of topics and rubbish to talk la. So it was not as 'long' as expected. Traffic jam @ Orchard (quelle surprise!) so dropped at Far East and walked to Taka for my book before going to Cine to book ticks for...JAMES BOND! She got psychoed by me to watch la actually. THANKYOU HOR. Or else no chance liao HAHA. Then down to Millenia Walk to book her studio. Still have to come back for practice with you ar? Aiyo.....................play Welcome to the Black Parade okay?

Then back to Cine to catch the show. Just in time.

Well, not very disappointing. Actually, it was pretty good in my opinion. Just that I prefer Pierce Brosnan as Bond. This guy looked really terrified to kill someone at times and it was quite unbelievable he was the 007.

Oh of course this James Bond was different from the previous one due to the the decreasing number of stupid gadgets and also....

In the past, Bond girl will be the one appearing from the water. This one, he was the one coming out from the water. But you can argue she wasn't the Bond girl anyway.

A little..long winded.

Wanted to go Far East for dinner but too late! Almost 9.30. So wanted to tried something fresh and I thought of Novena. Food was okay.

THE END

*coughs and takes a deep breath for more air*

No comments: