"Cry out to the Lord your God, cry out to Him in times of trouble and in times of need. You're standing on victory ground but there will be things going against you. Trust in Him fully and cry out to Him...."
Ya'know, it didn't take long for everything to fall into place. It's really one of those things that I've come to realise throughout this camp and that if you've made a commitment to God, He WILL honour it. That's why it's dangerous to give Him lip service, which I'm quite guilty of sometimes.
I don't really know where to start actually...this camp has been amazing, one that transforms and one that made me understand many principles of God. I think most importantly, He thought me how to surrender it all to him.
I think sometimes we take 'surrendering it all to him' far too lightly to realise the consequence of this line that sounds so simple. I admit I used to be one who would say that yet struggles to 'let go of the balloon'. So many times.
But I'm so sure and I'm adamant that I finally know what it really means to surrender your life to Him and give everything you have to Him. And I can already tell you it's not easy at all. And I mean it!
Should I stumble again, I'm caught in Your grace
But you see, that's why you need God...that's why you need the Tower of strength to carry you through. Only by surrendering do you let go off yourself, relying not on our own strength and fall into the mighty embrace of God.
The intro to this whole blog post is actually what Ps. Jonathan told me during one of the alter calls and I know deep within that making a commitment with him means that you'll be brought out of comfort zone and we have to start chucking away things that we love so much yet are not of His will or things that hinder us from moving onto the next level with Him.
Yours, everything I am, for Your Kingdom's cause
There are really a lot of things that went on during the camp that it's so difficult to gather all the thoughts and then type it down in a single post. That's why I really have to talk to God even more and ask Him about His plans, especially those that was prophesied over me... I need strategy to realise them.
Also this camp helped me to once again realise God's goodness and how He always works in a way which we don't understand.
Going all the way to Batam for a camp is a way to move out from the hustle and bustle yet how 'coincidental' is it to meet one of my long time friend over there. I know deep inside it's no coincidence. Although they (I know one of them and he introduced me to another guy) didn't manage to attend our service, I'll take it as outright in-your-face sign that God has something in His mind and that we're to cross our path. Mind you, I didn't see him for years.
Only regret was that he did agreed to come for our services but he had things on... maybe I didn't try my best to get him. Although it's so good to hear from Annabelle that they actually did have a peek inside but probably didn't dare to interrupt us.
But I'm now making an effort and I've already asked if he wants to come for our YA service tomorrow. I know that this isn't the end....
The art of losing myself, in bringing You praise
I admit we really don't have too much time to talk and make new friends due to the extremely packed schedule but indeed, it was a very fulfilling and purposeful camp. We didn't spend too much time having our own 'fun' like playing cards and water bombs but how bout I say cleaning up the orphanage was fun?
Or what about the challenge, which was to lead the morning prayer service with a short sharing with my fellow youths despite only having less than 3 hours to prepare for it? If it wasn't from God and by God, I swear I can NEVER do it.
Speaking infront of crowds is never my forte, you know it. I'm best at one-on-one or maybe at times two-on-one situations because I love to be a 'personal person' yet I know God has a greater calling for me. I need to move out of my comfort zone and this is just part of something He is doing in preparation for what He has in store for my in the future.
It's nice to hear some of us going into the 'next level' with God. We have our Auntie Tong who started the whole holy laughter thingy which I shouldn't laugh at or I might join in the club as well :x We had wonderful testimonies and great messages from God through our own youths.
I myself had encounter with God as well and that I must say on the last night, I knew I had to 'cling onto the garment of Jesus' because I don't want to go back to Singapore with not a change whatsoever.
That was also when I realise how it is to be so desperate for Him and His touch. When the worship songs belted out, I cried my heart and lungs out. The Lord just convicted me and Holy Spirit revealed His faithfulness to me through the years.
I cried so much I finally understand how Hannah felt when she prayed and wept to the point there wasn't a word out of her mouth. I myself can't seemed to gather enough strength to even sing. It was just wave and wave of tears (and mucus HAHA).
Maybe it was a healing treatment in advance, for He knows there are some things I could only take as much. I don't really, exactly know why I wept so much but I take it that God just knows...
I promise I'll write more in the next few days so do stay tune... So much thoughts to pen down. Be kind to me... give me a nudge on MSN if you need more info :p

No comments:
Post a Comment