I vaguely remembered Sy Rogers saying retrospect is a gift. It's true, really. But it could also be something that bogs you down, say past experience.
But anyway, after such a great year, how could I say retrospect is a curse? I'm someone who loves to look back at things and see how much things have changed. That's why I appreciated what the P.A.I.D committee did last Saturday. The footages of that St. John's Island youth camp back in 2001 and also all the photo albums of everything we did as CFC...
Stepping into Thanksgiving Hall on Saturday made my hair at my back stand because I've never seen such passion and vibrancy in our youth group, until now. God is truly moving in our generation and no, you can't deny it.
How peculiar is God's way. You can split things up but yet still be in unison. Not only that, growing in numbers as well. Thank Him for His goodness and favour.
Anyway, 2007 couldn't be better. After years of going through motion, I finally get the grip of what life really IS about and gotten the knowledge of so many things, through Him of course. There were ups and downs no doubt, but when our faith is steadily anchored in the Rock of our salvation, for sure nothing will move us whether is it spiritually or emotionally.
Of course it all started from a very harmless CNY meeting at Fang Xian's house that was probably a turning point in my life. (Making it sounds so serious now, haha!) They made an effort to invite me and from then, I got to know people whom impacted my life greatly.
Involved, but not committed. That was me in the past. I knew there was something more. And I think the cell group as a whole grabbed me and showed me how much more life could've been, if I haven't been so blur and deluded (as my blog suggested hahahaha).
Then it was the life-changing experience at the church camp which is another turning point (Okay, I don't know how many degrees I've turned...) I experienced Him and His goodness. Again, met some angels during the trip and didn't look back...
The awe-inspiring YA camp, Infaction, was next and I've learned the real meaning of 'surrendering it all'. We could all give lip services but when we mean something, God means business and takes us seriously.
There are just SO many things to note down and so many things that I've learned this year. It's a really enriching year for me. During the cell retreat, I've got feedback about me stepping up more and became less timid but I know there's more for me. It's just not going to end here and full stop but as we know, He has a greater purpose for everyone and not let us turn into another Harry Kewell or Michael Owen (the comparison here is that they 'peaked' early and didn't fulful their potential as they got older). I'm only 20, so much more to go from here.
For 2008, it's only going to be more challenging for me as I'll be called for National Slav...oh..Service and there'll be less time for myself.
I don't know what 2008 brings but really, bring it on then.
A HUGE shoutout:
God: I told You everything I'm thankful for so I don't wanna reveal it here :p
Gabes: For being a wonderful cell leader and your constant prayer. Accountability made easy because as a cell, we know we can trust euuuuuuu!
FX: Always someone that gives good advices and although can seemed to be a little frivolous and come out with the weirdest of comments, your child-like faith is something I admire and I say... carry on being yourself!
Mian: This one is frivolous on the outside but a human-machine inside. Thanks for all the late night talks and for dragging me back to YA. I think I've never talked to a person SO much in my life (HAHAHA) You're one capable lady so don't listen to the lies of Santa...oh Satan.. and don't be SHY.
Ken: One great leader in the making, eh. Someone to look up to and though he can be serious at times, he can be funny the next. Thank you sir ;) God is gonna use you mightily.
Jayne: The year which I saw a HUGE change in this lady... keep going girl, you're only scratching the surface! It's such great joy to know you so, so much more this year and you're one major blessing in my life this year...and also for years ahead I can see ;)
Sexy Lexy: Haha accountability partner! It's been a great joy knowing you as well and that to see you grow so much in God, it's wonderful. Your vibrancy and energy makes outings and lunch so much more fun :D
Dad & Mum: I know you love Jayne more (HAHAHA) but anyway, thanks for always fetching me from church on Saturday night, giving up their personal time for me. Thank you for the providence, forgiveness and grace and I know that sometimes I can really be quite a brat at home...thank God for the both of you.
Kiat+Yuling+Keat+Jan+Aaron: Great pals stick through the years and I thank you guys for being so understanding over me being always absent on Saturday nights. I know I ps-ed you guys sometimes. Sorry! But it's been pure joy being with you people :)
Well, there are still so many others but hey, thanks for making 2007 such a great one.
PS: 10 more hours to 2008!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Tribute To 07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment