'Step out and step up. For God has seen you faithful in the small and is ready to give you more responsibilities. You'll be like an oak tree to people and He shall reward you for the words you've given to people.'
Those were the words of Ps Mark after praying for me. On one hand I was glad that I was found faithful in the little and that our Father acknowledges that and the things I've been doing are of His will. But on the other, stepping out isn't the easiest thing to do, eh?
There'll be so much challenges, moving out of my comfort zone. Unshakeable? Maybe time to walk on water and test it out. Yes, all these are rational fears and anxieties but I don't think we're called to be living in the rational and by common sense.
As one of Paramore's song goes 'With your faith you'll trigger a landslide; kill off these common sense of mine'. A lot of times it's just our common sense and our rational mind telling stopping ourselves from moving out. For now, I'm just going to tell myself that I will make that step if called... and anything after that, God please take care for me :p
----
Was watching 'I Shouldn't Be Alive' on YouTube and something struck me.
Aren't we all?
If not for His work on the cross, we really should have been dead. So I thank God for His grace and mercy, no matter how wretched, how sinful and how backslidden I was, He was always there waiting for me to come home, into His loving embrace.
But how are we living our lives, knowing that we shouldn't be alive but it was by His grace that we live daily? The same way we did when we did not know God?
That is impossible. Because near-death experiences always changes people's life and I believe each and everyone of us MUST have that mindset, knowing that we are actually just at the very edge of spiritual death but is redeemed by His grace.
And how do these survivors usually react? I believe they will treasure things around them more and the time that is in their hands will surely be multiplied. Knowing that the time that they have are borrowed, I'm sure they will have a different paradigm as to how we often see time.
Are we making full use of the time given to us? Are we having the we-shouldn't-be-alive attitude in everything we do? I think it will definitely bring about a heart of thanksgiving to our Lord, knowing that it is by His resurrection that we can have life and His blood that cleanses us.
So how 'alive' are you today?
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment