Wednesday, August 08, 2007

*Long Post Warning #3164*

Hello blog!

This few days have been super packed and I really don't know where to start with. But the most initial thought of it is that doing QT in the morning really does help a whole lot and probably because of the change of 'lifestyle', time seemed to be longer (might be illusions :x) and then it was surprisingly productive.

Saturday:

Was supposed to meet auntie fang before the pre-service prayer for a chat BUT the ever-lamentable bus 12 decides to play a trick on me again and I was even late for the prayer by 5 minutes. Grrr.

I hate to be late, really. That hweeling is really not very nice and I get kanchiong very quickly so I was rather annoyed...

Then our dear cell leader decides to put me and mian to 'set up chicken rice stall' and start selling chicken rice. As someone who sucked at remembered names, it was quite a challenge...

YA service was awesome (most over-used word, ever) because we're glad to be back at home yet I guess we shouldn't think that 'oh this is home, let's keep it warm, fuzzy and cosy for ourselves'.

Then it was the regular catch up with people and had to help fix back this curtain that fell off. I notice we spoilt quite a lot of things over the weekends in church. I'll continue later...

Sunday:

Had to reach church early because my parents were on ushers duty. Auntie fang was so proud to proclaim she reached at 10.10am.

Worship was immense and I really love 'Hosanna', especially the bridge.

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause


Looking at the lyrics just makes me go 'WOW'. If it's not anointing then I don't know how did the composer ever write lyrics like this.

After service, cell leaders all pang-sehed their sheep and the rest of us were left to pray and do our own stuff. Poor Alex had to join us because ALL of his cell people are leaders and they POOOF-ed!

It was beer garden for lunch again. Kenneth, fx, peiting, alex, meredith, jayne, sunny and the little-boy-whom-name-eluded-me was there and some of us tried out the new jap food. It was relatively cheap compared to the 'outside' ones.

So jayne san's parents picked her up to go back to hostel while the rest of us went back to church. Then we had our own bible study including alex, fx, peiting and kenneth. We're supposed to be talking about evangelism but probably God wants us keep ourselves in check before we go forth and speak His words.

We were supposed to listen to one of the stories in this CD but then it was probably NOT by coincidence we overheard the speaker talked about us making QT suit our schedule rather than being a time set apart for God.

So we had our plans written down as to how we want to do our QT and we decided to all do it in the morning before heading out for work or school. Alex is now my accountability partner so anything wrong, FIND HIM! HAHAHA.

Oh yes, I broke a chair as well. I know I'm pretty...big sized...big boned...but I didn't do anything. It just *CRASH*.

Went down to meet up with kiat, yuling and keathwee for dinner at TP and I must say Burger King really have some problems with the standards of their burgers. It's pretty rubbish to be honest.

Bought 3 boxes of durians that tasted terrible and cost $30. Now I hate it even more, thanks!

Headed down to my house for ManYoo vs Chelsea but seemingly, nobody's too interested in it I guess. They're all playing around with my Ironhide and Optimus Prime while I was busy 'settling' some stuff.

Monday:

Went to Shujing's mini steamboat party at Vanessa's house. Met kenneth, who came down from NUS and jayne, who finished her driving lesson in her TEAM TJC jersey and her TJ uniform in the bag. Nostalgia attack!

Walked a whole lot before finding its exact location. The house was WOW! It was huge and beautifully decorated, those type of home you wished you had. You could just lie on the sofa and fall asleep in an instance.

Bertrand, huikoon, xiuyu, shujing, winnie, vanessa and alex were there. Then they started doing all the uni camp cheers that are highly retarded and not suitable for someone like me HAHA.

Ended off with a sit around session with Alex on the sofa and the rest of us on the floor, listening to some really lame jokes. Shan't tell you bout the jokes or I will run out of it pretty soon :D

Tuesday:

I HAD MY STARBUCKS INTERVIEW, at Harbourfront. I always believed that this opportunity is not by coincidence but by His providence because I always wanted the job yet I'm so super lazy to go look around for it...

Until one of my poly mates just came and ask for songs...(WOOPS!) and asked if I wanted to work at Starbucks.

Out of the blues, totally.

The lady was pretty nice and very friendly towards me. Could tell they're short handed because there were only 2 on duty then and she had to leave me on my own for a couple of times. The interview was so smooth, it capped off with a free cup of Vanilla Latte.... WOO!

From here, really random things happened. I was supposed to meet jayne for her last minute shopping before checking in to hostel but first, I bumped into keathwee at Suntec. Hello, suntec is BIG OKAY.

He told me his brother is working at the Adidas shop and asked if I want to get anything from there because there is a discount (read: DISCOUNT). I saw the vintage Liverpool tee with the old badge embroiled on it and I couldn't resist it. 50 bucks it was.

On a side note, I can't believe I could fit in a 'S' shirt so well...

Then rushed over to meet jayne because I'm already a little late while she's already there. Then guess what, she appeared with Roland! Haha! Uhm yes, they just bumped into each other. He was walking over to Marina Square to get his spidey for his car or idunnowhat.

She shopped, I waited patiently. Had Starbucks coffee (again) and just talked about our childhood years, our parents and *cough* kungfu hustler *cough*. Only then I realise she's a BIG BULLY back in the BASC days HAHAHA.

With that heavy bag and all, I just had to help to carry it for her all the way to NTU. I wanted to go have a look at the campus anyway so we headed down. The bus to the hostel was super packed and then there she saw her 'favorite' hyper girl. Seriously, putting her self-control to the limit man HAHA.

Made a joke as to how to get out of a packed bus. Just shout 'BOMBB!!' and you'll be clear...to get down...consequences not for me to bear though.

With the bags and all, had to bring it to her hall. When I saw where it was situated...omgosh man. On top of probably the tallest hill and the highest level on that building. What a place to pick and stay :p

Her cousin was around so we went round locating the lecture halls and tutorial rooms. The furthest one was probably 15minutes walk away and I can't imagine if you're late and you have to run from the hostel to the lecture hall. What a mess!

It was HUUUUUGE but the food was CHEAAAAAP man. Why do uni students get such cheap and good food while poly ones are so expensive yet it suck? Grr. Kopi is 35 cents, lime juice 30 cents and Unagi don is 3.50. Where to find?

Okok then I headed back home la. I type until my hands got blister already hahaha.

BYE BLOG!

No comments: