Just a quick update on the past weekend, which was very happening!
Saturday was Gift of Love and... I wrote a whole lot about it on the YA mail so cut the long, long story short, met this uncle 'coincidentally' there. My dad was his son's best man at wedding and on a side story which my dad told, he said that he actually already accepted Christ back when he was secondary 2, alongside this best friend of his. But of course under different circumstance....
They were at botanic gardens on this Saturday morning and a young man came along to preach to them really randomly. He continued talking for an hour and my dad and his friend weren't really listening. So when he asked if they wanted to accept Christ on the spot, the two of them asked 'say the prayer already then can go right?'
Obviously, the young man said yes and the both of them 'bo pian', had to say the sinners prayer before they can go. Haha!
So you see again, God works in miraculous ways. My dad didn't realise what happened only after he came back to Christ...you could say again... and also this friend of his is also a Christian today :D
Anway, GoL was really fun. We were going round giving mandarin oranges to the old folks living there and really, nothing better than seeing their smile that lit up their faces. Though some are kinda hostile, most are still very appreciative.
We're supposed to invite some of them to the Chinese Evangelistic dinner this Friday and it was quite encouraging to see them so open to it and agreed to go on the spot.
Oh there was also a really odd incident. We knocked on this certain unit and a 20 odd year old man opened the door. And guess what... I said uncle. HAHA. And we're supposed to hand him 2 mandarin oranges but this dude took the entire plastic bag full of it and though I put up a little struggle.... I still let it go since....that's what he wants =\
Then there is the Indian auntie who talked about her life for nearly 45 minutes? But it was really interesting and we ought to know that they sometimes, need people to talk to them despite having a whole lot of sons and daughters.
Hopefully God have a mighty plan for the folks back at block 12 and the uncle I meet, surely by faith, he isn't just someone that pops out for no reason. Must get him saved!
Lunch and back to church. Played my PSP while watch the world go by.... I mean the YMers who came into the room and made a din out of everything.... thank God I'm in YA. Nice thing was the YA musicians came down and Melvin + Alvin brought their PSP along to play Winning Eleven.
Nothing beats playing WE with your friend on the console. Even Dawn managed to score one and beat me 1-0 *cough* I think the noise we made during that period was nothing compared to what the YMs made.... we were even more crazy with Melvin singing his Japanese songs and whatnot, in his usual self :p
Service was great because I really felt His presence and the freedom to worship. It had such an open atmosphere that you could just stay there and enjoy it for as long as you could :)
Sunday was the football day because the team were going to play 'local rival' Calvary AOG at Queensway Sec. You could say it's a local derby, eh? Heh! Went down with Alvin and Shaun to watch Calvary play their first of the two games for the day at Kent Ridge and guess who we saw...
Pastor Hoo!
Kinda miss him. His preaching was dynamic and never boring. Chat up with him for awhile and I guess God is using him and his church to do great things out there. Shan't see it as a loss to our church but a gain in the Kingdom, ey?
Our game ended 1-1 and it was quite a good result because we did a come-back after a not-very-good first half. I thought during the second half, the team were really fired up and were more combative and more willing to challenge. Probably intimidated and anxious at first, they settled down and then started to play some good stuff ;)
Sorry for sounding so football-commentator like! I've been writing things like this for 2 years so you can't fault me haha!
Anyway you people will see me in my glasses this weekend. I've made one and it probably make me look un-eighteen-like :)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment