Monday, February 25, 2008

"When we look back years later, I want to be proven silly and foolish by You, for all the nonsensical thoughts and doubts that I'm having now". Haha, I truly believe all the insecurities and doubts that we have now will be answered in due time. Key here is, in due time, not immediately.

Was talking to my night-owl pal (you know who you are!) and obviously, we all have some problems believing fully in His promises because they really don't appear in an instant. Faith is really something that takes ALOT from you and as people from this present age, it's even more difficult, isn't it?

Effectiveness is the word and that we expect everything to be instantaneous. We have fast food joints everywhere and Starbucks standard says that you're supposed to come up with everything within 3 minutes. Need some cash? There's always an ATM and money will pop up in your face within a few key pressed. We no longer snail mail and we do email all day long, while expecting others to reply instantly. Anything longer is considered slow and 'ineffective'.

How much of an impatient bunch we've become. I noticed this while queuing up for a drink at Beer Garden (ha ha) and it took quite awhile to get to my turn. I was already feeling very vexed over it. I guess then, the Holy Spirit asked me kindly to be more patient and not expect anything to happen right away.

We've been praying for our loved ones regarding salvations. We've been asking God to point us directions He want us to go and seeking Him regarding... finding the right one in life. But we can be so anxious over it and really expect God to be someone that answers everything in an instant.

Well, I don't think He said 'Ask, Seek, Knock and you'll find it right away' but He asked us to pray fervently and intercede unceasingly. In God, other than faith, patience is probably one important key that we often missed out because we think that He's a genie. I can just say He's the one that provides and gives us answer in His timing. :D

Still so much thoughts but it's all hidden in my QT book so... if you wanna know more come my house and steal it! Haha!

It's been quite a happening weekend and I enjoyed it! Well, can't take weekends for granted anymore since I'm left with 2 before nation calls. The date seemed to approach faster and faster but I don't really dread it...

Saturday was Benny Ho seminary and the PhD holder said everyday he come to God daily feeling 'Poor hungry and Desperate' :p In his usual wittiness. Greatly blessed by his teaching and when Jeremiah asked us over dinner about what we brought back from his seminar, my childish self replied 'the book!'. Obviously, we all brought back something more than just the book!

Saturday's combine service was brilliant because it was VIBRANT and the worship was indeed extravagant. I was SO sure He was in that place. Then Auntie Aye Lan and Jacelyn Tay (yess...) shared their stories and God's miraculous work in the former actress' life. Though it sounded a little surreal but our God work in wondrous ways and I'm sure He will use her powerfully to speak forth.

Dinner at you-know-where and didn't know it could get SO packed on Saturday evenings. Maybe just didn't have the chance to join them for dinner in the evening too often. But it was kinda weird to end service at 7.30pm.

Anyway, well done to the football team, really. You guys done us proud! Though the second match was kind of like a mismatch, you guys showed a lot of character and never gave up! I mean, it's really a David vs Goliath encounter but hey, I know you people were worn out due to the match prior to it.

First match was more evenly match and it was so good to see us coming on top of it! We, the cheerleaders even made a cheer out of that weird worship song named 'Emmanuel' Haha!

Okay guys, this Sunday is the must win game so we'll turn up in force again and see you guys win!

No comments: