Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hello!

Just back from a mightily powerful service and is really, really geared up to be the difference everywhere I go (where can I go? Only HTA!) and that in everything that I do, I need to realise that eyes are on me and that if I'm the fish swimming against the tide, people will no doubt notice me and I know I can no longer lead a double life and have not giving my best in everything that I do.

They say NS will make you falter and draws you away from God but I believe it can also be an experience where you get closer to God. As for now, I can say that everyday, I depend on Him solely and that it's by His grace and mercy that I get through everyday unscathed and able to face the next day's challenges with the right mindset.

The last 2 days at HTA were particularly hell because there were suspected cases of food poisoning and we weren't allowed to drink from the water cooler nor the tap. All in all, just to say that no water for us! But just want to thank God that I'm not one of the many who went down with food poisoning and though running kilometers after kilometers without water is really unbearable, I still made it in the end! Haha!

And what Pastor Daniel Choo said about NS being a haven of vulgarities.... well partly true. Up to this point, I still find the NCC days worst. At least the police instructors are less 'short fuse' than those in the army and if anyone of you thinks that I'm gonna start cursing and swearing soon....rest assured. If I want to be a 'poet', I would have LONG ago. But I stuck by my principle and knowing that compromising will really lead to serious troubles :)

Also, proud to say that I finished the book of Romans and half of 1 Corinthians in camp. Can't believe it right? But we do have quite a lot of free time at night until our IC starts to pack the night with PTs and drill trainings.

Some do know that I read the bible and thank God, nobody comes out with the 'oh here comes Jesus' or something. Even if they do say it behind my back...who cares.. One incident was my squad IC saw my reading the bible and he said 'wha our secretary is a holy man!'.

Yea, so long way to go though time seems to fly already. One month on and it seemed like I only entered yesterday. There are still dark places for me to light up and people for me to reach out to so join in the struggle with me!

In less than 24 hours time, I'll be back in HTA, listening to FI Panther's ranting but I'm sure God will see me through next week, which is the last week of Prep Course. Yay! Basic police training here I come!

No comments: